Lohia Corp migrated its existing SAP workload to the cloud, experienced high redundancy, flexibility and scalability
Lohia Corp Limited is the flagship company of the Lohia Group and a global supplier of machinery for end-to-end solutions for plastic woven fabric industry used for packaging systems of solid bulk materials and infrastructure applications. The group has an accumulated plastic processing capacity of over 2.5 million tons with installation base of more than 1,000 extrusion lines & 40,000 circular looms in over 75 countries.
The company relies extensively on their legacy SAP system for tracking customer and business interactions. However, after six years of implementation, the group were experiencing scalability, availability and agility issues with their SAP deployment in their on-premise environment. The organization were seeking a cost-effective way to upgrade and manage their SAP environment and also at the same time avail superior performance, reliability and continuous availability of its systems.
Mactores consulted with Lohia as independent advisors and recommended to upgrade their legacy SAP system to SAP HANA with Microsoft Azure as the platform of choice for deployment and hosting their SAP environment.
Mactores performed a Full-scale move to SAP S/4HANA for Lohia group. It involved a complete application and technology refresh and transformation of their existing SAP legacy system. When SAP S/4HANA met business requirements in a test performance in the cloud, Mactores worked closely with Lohia group to migrate its’ SAP workload using Azure Virtual Machines for installing and configuring SAP on cloud. During this migration, the standalone SAP tools & procedures for deploying SAP systems on the cloud were used. The entire process was completed in a span of three days of planned downtime.
The solution provided enabled Lohia to gain flexibility and scalability. Impressed by the performance of the SAP systems running on cloud, Lohia plans to expand its Azure implementations for additional future projects.
- Reduction in Capital Expenses for the organization by eliminating expenses in hardware or procurement of servers for setting up SAP workload.
- Quick and easy access to the SAP environment at any given time.
- Improved Redundancy ensuring continuity in business activities
- Auto-Scaling feature to provision servers instantly to increase the capacity for peak time.
- Improved resilience through implementing a disaster recovery plan for Zespri’s lineof business applications
- Azure also offers opportunity to “park” virtual machines resumed at any time without incurring costs. This significantly helped Lohia in reducing their cost of hardware maintenance.