Lead DevOps Engineer
Mactores is a team of emerging technologists, data engineers and data scientists driven by excellence of technology to solve critical business problems. We help bridging complex business challenges with technical expertise. Specializing in AI, Fast Data, Industrial IOT and Cloud helps us collaborate with organizations that view technology as a strategic driver to success.
You will lead the team of SysOps and DevOps engineers managing large customer deployments including Linux and Windows Administration, Large Enterprise Application and Big Data Workloads. You will have broad business and technology expertise coupled with a background in professional services and client-facing skills. You are passionate about best practices of cloud deployment and ensuring the customer expectation is set and met appropriately.
If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid “corporate” culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world class team while still being yourself.
- Manage the operations tickets queue for the DevOps Team
- Communicate with rest of the Engineering for rolling out broad changes for customers
- Coach, mentor, motivate other DevOps / SysOps Engineers
- Automate operational and server provisioning workflows using Ansible/Chef
- Work on our Platform as a Service tool for infrastructure automation
- Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance
- Enhance operations infrastructure such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, monitoring tools (Consul) and metrics tools such as Graphite and Grafana
- Provide operational support for rest of the Engineering team
- Help migrate our remaining dedicate hardware infrastructure to the cloud
- Establish and maintain operational best practices
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of configuration management and engineering for large scale customers, ideally supporting an Agile development process
- 5+ years of Linux Administration experience
- Deep understanding of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS/EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
- Experience with software build tools (Maven, Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Must have supported Java based application in production environment
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages – bash, python, Groovy
- Experience in supporting Node.js in production is a plus
- Knowledge of service discovery tools such as Consul is a plus
- Comfortable working late evening hours, which is when most patching occurs
- You are extremely proactive at identifying ways to improve things and to make them more reliable.
- High attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills