Mactores is a team of emerging technologists, data engineers and data scientists driven by excellence of technology to solve critical business problems. We help bridging complex business challenges with technical expertise. Specializing in AI, Fast Data, Industrial IOT and Cloud helps us collaborate with organizations that view technology as a strategic driver to success.
As a Business Intelligence Data Engineer, you are a full stack data engineer that loves solving business problems. You work with business leads, analysts and data scientists to understand the business domain and engage with fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision making. You are passionate about data quality of our business metrics and flexibility of your solution that scales to respond to broader business questions.
If you love to solve problems using your skills, then come join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid “corporate” culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world class team while still being yourself.
What We’re Looking For
- Over 2 – 5 years of experience with
- Big data (Hadoop, Hive, Presto),
- Programming language (Python, Java, Scala)
- Data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, Plotly, D3) technologies
- MPP platforms (Spark, Impala, Presto)
- Real-time processing engines (Storm, Spark Streaming, Flink)
- Understanding of SQL is must
- Any ETL tool experience
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization and pipeline design and development
- Prior experience working with business stakeholders, in an enterprise space is a plus
- Great communication skills. You should be able to directly communicate with senior business leaders, to embed yourself with business teams and to present solutions to business stakeholders
- Experience in working independently and driving projects end to end, strong analytical skill.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data services and engineering outcomes.
- Explore new technologies and learn new techniques to solve business problems creatively
- Think big! and drive the strategy for better data quality for the customers.
- Become the voice of business within engineering and of engineering within business with customers.
- Collaborate with many teams – engineering and business, to build better data products.